2022 New York State
Women's Amateur & Mid-Amateur Championships
McGregor Links Country Club (Wilton) | July 11-12, 2022
Terms of the Competition
1. Gender: The Championship is open to female amateur golfers.
2. Membership: Players must be a member of the NYSGA, defined as either belonging to an NYSGA member club or an NYSGA eClub (NYS residency required of eClub members).
3. Age: The following age requirements are set for each Championship:
- Amateur: None.
- Mid-Amateur: At least 25 years old as of July 11, 2022.
4. USGA Handicap Index: Players must have an up-to-date USGA Handicap Index issued through their NYSGA member club.
- Entries: All players must register online prior to the established deadline (see below). Entries by mail or fax will not be accepted.
- Entry Fee: $150 (Amateur), $125 (Mid-Amateur)
- Deadline: Entries must be received prior to the deadline (12PM EST on Friday, July 1, 2022). Late entries will not be accepted, regardless of reason.
- Refund Policy: A portion of the entry fee, based on the schedule below, will be refunded regardless of reason if the NYSGA is notified (315-471-6979 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org): Prior to Deadline: Entry fee less $20. After the Deadline: Entry fee less $50. No refunds are provided after 12pm on Wednesday, July 5.
CHAMPIONSHIPS, SCHEDULE, AND FORMAT
- 92nd NYS Women's Amateur - Stroke Play, 54 Holes
- Sunday, July 10: Practice Rounds
- Monday, July 11: Rounds 1 & 2 (36 Holes) - Cut after 18 holes to low 30 & ties
- Tuesday, July 12: Round 3 (18 Holes)
- 13th NYS Women's Mid-Amateur - Stroke Play, 36 Holes
- Sunday, July 10: Practice Rounds
- Monday, July 11: Round 1 (18 Holes)
- Tuesday, July 12: Round 2 (18 Holes)
- Ties: In the event of a tie for either Championship, a sudden-death playoff will be held immediately following play.
PRIZE FOR LOW JUNIOR (18 & UNDER)
A new division was added in 2022 to award the low junior golfer. This division will be played concurrently with the 92nd NYS Women's Amateur, which is a 54 hole stroke play competition.
This is not to replace the 2022 NYS Girls' 18U Junior Amateur Championship, held July 26-27 at Soaring Eagles in Horseheads, NY (click here to learn more).
A competitor may bring her own caddie or carry her own clubs. There are no caddies available through the host club. A player is not required to employ a caddie for any stage of the Championship. The NYSGA's One-Seat Policy is in effect (see NYSGA Policies below).
The use of a golf cart is approved without restriction for practice rounds. For competitive play, the cart policies are listed below:
- 92nd NYS Women's Amateur: The use of a golf cart is prohibited for competitive rounds (approved for practice rounds).
- 13th NYS Women's Mid-Amateur: The use of a golf cart is approved for all rounds.
INFORMATION & PAIRINGS
Complete Championship details, including information about practice rounds, pairings, starting times, and yardages played, will be emailed to players and posted on this website after entries close.
For a complete listing of NYSGA Championship Policies and Procedures, click here.
The NYSGA does not have a group hotel rate assigned for this Championship (NYSGA members may use Affinity Travel Benefits to save on lodging). Listed below are a small sample of hotels in the region, their distance from the golf course, and the estimated commute time.
- Courtyard by Marriott Saratoga Springs (4 miles/9 min)
- Residence Inn by Marriott Saratoga Springs (3.8 miles/8 min)
- Comfort Inn & Suites Saratoga Springs (4 miles/8 min)
MCGREGOR LINKS COUNTRY CLUB
359 Northern Pines Road, Wilton, NY 12831
Michael Decker, PGA
NYSGA CONTACT INFORMATION
CONDITIONS; TERMS; SCHEDULES
The NYSGA reserves the right to amend any of the conditions, terms, or schedules published for this Championship. The decision of the NYSGA in any matter will be final.
To view past results for these Championships, click here.
SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
Thank you to our valued sponsors! Their support of the NYSGA and our member golf community helps us strengthen our services, member benefits and overall tournament experience.
For more information, click here.